Cubicle 7 Games Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shadow and Shadow Points in the Fourth Age of Middle-Earth

Go down

The Shadow and Shadow Points in the Fourth Age of Middle-Earth Empty The Shadow and Shadow Points in the Fourth Age of Middle-Earth

Post by The Evil GameMaster Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:31 pm

Alternate Middle-Earth Campaign Question Here:

In my Alternate Middle-Earth Campaign I went with the "Hobbit Movies-verse" so that the Wood Elf Tauriel could be played as a PC. Furthermore Prince Kili and his uncle King Thorin Oakenshield survived the Battle of the Five Armies while Fili and Dain Ironfoot did not. One year after the Battle of the Five Armies Kili and Tauriel showed up @ the much abused door of poor Mister Bilbo and dragged him off on another series of adventures. Several game-years later they and seven others snuck into Mordor and managed to destroy The One Ring (TOR), though poor Mister Bilbo and two other PCs perished to achieve it.

So my question to you all is now that TOR has been destroyed should we still use Shadow Points at all?  My solution in my Alternate Middle-Earth Campaign has tentatively been to refer back to Tolkien Canon and declare to my players that; "Though Sauron is no more, the evil he spawned lives on and must still be guarded against lest a new Dark Lord arise!"  That said, I am planning on having the effect of The Shadow fade away rather than abruptly vanish outright. I plan to make the normal saving throws against the acquisition of Shadow Points be a level easier and allow a difficult saving throw against something that would automatically inflict Shadow Points.

Lemme know what ya think.  Any and all civil feedback is not just welcome but eagerly encouraged.

Happy First Day of Winter to You All!

The Evil GameMaster

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum