Cubicle 7 Games Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Threats From Mirkwood Forbidden Romance

2 posters

Go down

Threats From Mirkwood Forbidden Romance Empty Threats From Mirkwood Forbidden Romance

Post by barefoottourguide Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:15 am

Heart of the Wild presents a wonderful Romeo and Juliet style romance between the Viglundings and the Beornings. Has anyone tried to use this in their games? I'd love to hear how it worked. I used it in the latest episode of Threats From Mirkwood to dramatic success. And our Mirkwood elf shot off his mouth in front of shapeshifted female Beornings and earned himself a near-drowning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28doLEDi_L4
Garrett

barefoottourguide

Back to top Go down

Threats From Mirkwood Forbidden Romance Empty Re: Threats From Mirkwood Forbidden Romance

Post by Dunheved Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:38 am

So it's five years after your post and I discover this forum. My bad and my loss.

Anyway, I did step in and LM an online game on Tavern Keeper which had the company come across Viglunds daughter as she fled her father's men; when she arrived at the Easterly Inn just ahead of them.
One overnight siege and fight later, we set off to find her missing Romeo.
When we tracked him down (held captive by another bunch of Viglunding slavers) he was killed in our rescue effort.
Aestid, the daughter of Viglund, became a Thane of Beorn taking the name Ennalda One Spear as part of the transition.

A year after these events, I was a replacement LM in a totally separate online game (also Tavern Keeper, the Darkening of Wilderland). In that game Ennalda led the Beorning war band that marched to the relief of Stoneyford. She finally got her revenge on the leader of the slaver gang that attacked the Easterly Inn when he was captured at the conclusion of the battle. She killed him in Single Combat, nearly dying herself. (This is one NPC that I write the narrative based on dice rolls for her actions alone.)
Ennalda has rejected the amorous advances of one of the PCs in the fellowship, as she still privately mourns her Beorning lover, killed by the slavers.

As a footnote, I had a chance to create and apply a set of Mass Combat rules in the battle for Stoneyford.
Maybe I should post them?

Dunheved

Back to top Go down