About the Glinting Spear...

Go down

About the Glinting Spear...

Post by geomtje on Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:46 pm

So the Riders of Rohan’s Cultural Reward Glinting Spear is applicable for (spear). Does this mean that it only works for ‘normal’ Spears or does this mean it is applicable for the (spear) weapon category; so Great Spears as well?
geomtje

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: About the Glinting Spear...

Post by geomtje on Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:36 am

The handbook states the following:
Horse Lords of Rohan wrote:The Rohirrim wield tall spears of ash, topped with sharp heads of cold steel. Some have been brought out of the North by those riders who first followed Eorl, their hafts cut from the trees of the ancient Greenwood.

When you use a Glinting Spear to charge your enemies you get a +4 to your Injury rating.

I would personally like to use this Cultural Reward as a (two handed) Great Spear, but I am not sure if its allowed. The accompanying text make it seem so since the spears are 'tall', 'their hafts cut from the trees of the ancient Greenwood' and 'brought out of the North by those who first followed Eorl'
geomtje

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ingen Trollbane on Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:46 am

The Glinting Spear a "Spear". Otherwise would it say "Great Spear". Beorings has a Cultural reward that is a "Great Spear", aka the Giant-Slaying Spear (2h).

The Glinting Spear is a 1 hand weapon. You can use it both on ground and when mounted. On a horse can it be used as a lance when charging. Then it has the advancement of +4 in Injury, but only when charging, which has its special rules.

To use a Great Spear when you charging means you must through it away after you can't charge anymore and instead use another 1 hand spear or sword. That doesn't make much sense to me. It wouldn't be logical.

Ingen Trollbane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum