Other realms...

Go down

Other realms...

Post by geomtje on Wed May 30, 2018 10:55 am

So I was wondering, has any of you ever played in a different era, realm, universe, etc. using the TOR rule set?

If so, what is your experience and why have you done so? Was it to make things work that otherwise would not or maybe to avert a certain story line; maybe to create a completely different story all together?

If not, would you be interested or would it be blasphemous?

I would love to know your thoughts on this!
geomtje

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Other realms...

Post by Wbweather on Wed May 30, 2018 11:25 am

I an in a play by post game currently in which Frodo was killed and Saruman captured the ring. We are currently in Rohan hunting for Aragorn. We are not a part of the fellowship, but rather emissaries sent by Elrond to seek out the fellowship. Following their trail currently.
Wbweather
Admin

View user profile http://cubicle7fans.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gnarri on Wed May 30, 2018 1:17 pm

Cool alternative time-line!

I have been thinking about something similar, but with the Witch-king of Angmar taking possession of the ring when Frodo got captured by Boromir. I thought of making it like the old Midnight campaign world for D&D, where almost all of the former free folk toil under the whip of Sauron, Saruman or The Witch King some 50 years after the fall of Minas Tirith.

Then letting the heroes be the ones to rediscover the old heroic ways of their people, and exploit the war going on between the three evils.

Gnarri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum